My advice... decide how you want things done and POST IT!!
There are SO many things that happen throughout the school day that are made easier with structure and routine! Some of the events that I try to make hassle-free include:
- arrival routines
- pencil sharpening
- restroom and drink routines
- what early finishers should do
- where student resources and supplies are stored
- how and when students get a snack and outdoor recess
- how students are expected to move through the hallways
- how students should respond to attempts to gain their attention
- dismissal routines
I'm sure there are others that could be added to this list, but these are some of the most important. Not only will it make life easier for you and your students, but your substitute teachers will thank you!
Classroom dismissal doesn't have to be hectic!! Grab these editable Dismissal Routines Posters, customize them for your classroom, and say goodbye to end-of-the-day headaches!
You might also be interested in the ideas I've shared in this blog post:
Check out tons of classroom organization ideas and resources on this Pinterest board:
Until next time,