The students in my current 2/3 class absolutely LOVE the final result, so we've actually done this a couple of days now in preparation for next week's holiday gathering with families.
This is really very easy.
- Begin with any seasonal coloring page. I have a set of pages with nice heavy lines like stained glass that I've had tucked away for years.
- Students should color the pages using heavy wax crayon.
- Flip the page upside-down on some newspaper and squirt with a little baby oil.
- Spread the oil across the entire page until all white spots disappear.
- Wipe off excess oil and display!
Check out more great Christmas and winter ideas for the classroom on these Pinterest boards:
Please feel free to pin the image below for quick access to this idea in future years!